updates & announcements
Thank you for all of your support as we transition to online dance lessons. We are so excited to start DANCE CLASSES ON ZOOM this week! Appointments for most students have already been scheduled, with more being added every day.
Links to your Zoom meetings can be found by logging in at https://app.ggsod.com
A Few Tips:
- When it’s time, click the link to enter the “Waiting Room”
- Enter the DANCER name if prompted when logging into Zoom
- Make sure your camera and microphone are on
- Your teacher will let the dancers into the class when it’s time for class to start
Public Schools are officially closed until April 24, and we will be following their lead. While we are closed to the public we want you know that we are still committed to:
- Keep our dancers moving and connected to the teachers they are familiar with.
- Continue to deliver the curriculum that we’ve established so dancers don’t get behind.
- Keep our teachers and staff working and connected to your children.
- Doing what we can to help.
Our video production capabilities are ramping up nicely, and we will be continuously adding more videos to our collection like: Recital Practice Videos, Online Dance Classes, Exercises, Documents and more. Keep logging in to your account this week to see the videos and activities our teachers have been working on for your children.
As we have previously announced, Picture Week (originally scheduled for March 30th-April 3rd) has been postponed. We have tentatively rescheduled Picture Week for June 15-20. And what about the Recital itself (scheduled May 16th-17th)? We have no official announcements regarding the Recital dates at this time, but we want you to know we are carefully weighing our options and working on contingency plans to help make sure we can handle whatever circumstances are thrown our way. Everybody wants a great Recital this year, and we will do everything we can to make that happen.
We understand that some of our dance families have been financially impacted by this crisis, and we want you to know that there is help. Kate’s Legacy, a local 501c(3) non-profit Scholarship Fund for Dancers, has committed to financial assistance for those in need to continue their dance education. At https://kateslegacy.com you can:
- Apply for assistance
- If you are able, make a donation that will go directly to helping dancers continue their training
We appreciate all of you and your continued support. We are so proud to have been a part of this amazing community for 52 years and know that we can and will get through this together.
As part of Savannah’s new ‘shelter in place’ mandate, we’re making the following adjustments to our plans at this time:
- Picture Week will NOT take place next week (March 30-April 4). Both Individual and Group photos have been postponed.
- Costume Pickup has also been put on hold
The good news is, our first batch of Online Class videos are up with lots of fun content, and we will continue to produce and release this material for you. As this issues continues to evolve, we will make adjustments as necessary to balance our responsibilities to you, our dance family, and the health and safety of everyone involved.
- As per the new Chatham County mandate, GGSOD & Atrium Dancewear are officially closed to the public.
- Online Videos are available through your online account: https://app.ggsod.com
Hello Dance Family,
We want to keep dancing, and we think your kids do too! In an unusual situation like this, it’s important to try to provide kids with as much normalcy and routine as possible, and we want to help by continuing to provide dance education and exercise. We will NOT be holding regular classes at the studio due to regulations about gatherings of people — so how can we continue teaching? Online Classes, that’s how! We have the technology to share video and documents with you, and our staff is eager to take up the challenge of providing valuable, engaging content for your kids.
Did we think about just cancelling everything? For a moment. But we know that all of our students could really use dance in their life at this time, and just as important, we want to be able to provide consistent work for all the teachers and staff who depend on the Gretchen Greene School of Dance for their livelihood. Your continued patronage can make that happen.
We will continue to keep you up to date as our plans unfold. Thanks for being a part of our dance family!