Email Your Resume’ and Desired Position to email@example.com
For All Teaching Positions
Teachers are compensated according to their experience level. For tax purposes all teachers are classified as employees (and not independent contractors.) Teachers also receive a discount on dancewear. The following skills are required for all teaching positions:
- Enjoy working with and have proficiency with children
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time consistently
- Reliable attendance
- Positive attitude
During COVID all staff and students are wearing masks and practicing social distancing. No parents in the lobby. Temperature checks for all students and staff.
Preschool Dance Teacher
We are looking for enthusiastic performing arts people with some dance experience (preferably Tap and Ballet) in addition to some teaching experience. Our Preschool Program is well established and we are capable offering on-the-job training to fill in any gaps in your experience– how you interact with the children is the most important consideration for students of this age.
We are looking for someone with experience instructing children in acrobatics or gymnastics. While we teach a specific form of Acrobatics, any experience with tumbling or gymnastics could qualify you for this position. We have Acro classes for grades K-12 as well as for levels from beginner to advanced.
We are looking for an experienced Tap Dance teacher. We offer classes for grades K-12 and for levels from beginner to advanced. At this particular time we are interested in finding someone who works well with beginner/intermediate levels. Teachers should come prepared with their own lessons plans but be able to adapt them to align with our studio-wide curriculum.
We are looking for someone with experience teaching hip-hop to children. Hip-Hop in this sense also includes forms of Pop, K-Pop, Party Dances & Fads, Break-dancing, etc. In addition to teaching the moves, being able to share your knowledge of this style’s history is also valuable. Teachers should come with their own age-appropriate lessons plans, but be able to adapt them to fit our studio-wide curriculum.
We are looking for an office supervisor/customer service representative, who will communicate with customers and keep the office running smoothly. The office manager often makes the first impression on potential clients and is the go-to person for current clients.
Our main clientele is children ages 3-18 and their parents, so we are looking for someone who really likes kids and has experience supervising them. Our dance studio also makes heavy use of technology, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable with computers.
This person must be willing to learn as much as possible about our school, its history, and our educational philosophy and business objectives. Although you do NOT need to be an expert about dance, you must be willing to learn and be able to explain the benefits of dance training to potential clients. We have built a brand on quality services and quality customer service and we’re looking for someone with the same ideals that can help us continue to grow.
- Provide customer service to existing customers by phone, email, or in-person
- Convert potential customers into actual customers
- Build relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Receive and post payments
- Keep customer accounts in good standing
- Be responsible for children when they are not in the classroom
- Perform opening and closing duties of the facility, including light cleaning, collecting mail, restocking supplies
- Support Teaching staff by troubleshooting tech issues, supplying band-aids, or escorting a student to the restroom
- Keep studio on schedule
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Experience working with kids
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with computers and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time consistently
- Stay calm under pressure