Dance Classes for 6th-8th Grade Students
Whether it’s your first or 5,000th day in dance shoes, we have a class for you.
Why dance? We’re glad you asked!
- Physical Fitness
Welcome To Your Studio
- Parents can observe class on the video monitors
- Free WiFi in the lobby
- Conveniently located on Whitemarsh Island
- 1007 Bryan Woods Loop 31410
Class Options for 2021-2022
Class times listed are for new students (except where noted).
Current students, Log In to your account to find your class options.
In addition, we cover House, Pop, Old School, and a bunch of other fun genres that nobody’s heard of.
- Any pair of sneakers that are set aside as “Dance Shoes” and are not worn outside the classroom.
- Comfortable clothes that you can move in
Have a flair for the dramatic? Need some help developing your emoting skills? We'll cover all that and more, including acting and group singing. Students will have a featured role in the Recital.
- Comfortable clothing that you can move freely in
If you seek greater flexibility, or just like being upside-down, this class is for you.
- form-fitting leotard or top and shorts
- nothing that will go over your head when upside down
- long hair should be “up”
- bare feet
Experienced students will study en pointe
- Black leotard
- pink tights
- pink ballet shoes
- hair in a bun
- leotard or top and shorts
- tan jazz shoes
From Broadway to Hoofin’, we let our feet do the talkin’.
- Black Oxford-style tap shoes.
- Comfortable clothes that you can move in.
Tuition is based on the number of hours per week you take dance. Rates are calculated down to the quarter hour. See the chart for examples.
Payments are scheduled to run automatically using a card on file. Payments may be made in-person by cash or check, if done before the automatic payment is scheduled. You may also pre-pay in any increments you like, i.e. 3 months at a time, or the year in full.
Read our full Policies Page for more details.
- 1 hour/week – $79/month 20% 20%
- 2 hours/week – $151/month 40% 40%
- 3 hours/week – $215/month 60% 60%
- 4 hours/week – $272/month 80% 80%
- 5 hours/week – $311/month 100% 100%
On With the Show!
The word RECITAL doesn’t really do it justice– it’s really more of a Dance Extravaganza!
This exciting experience gives students an opportunity to display their accomplishments and a purpose to perfect their work.
Things you’ll love as a parent:
- Instead of one great big 4+ hour recital, we actually have 4 smaller fun-size recitals to keep each one short and sweet
- Recital Costumes are provided at no additional cost
A Teacher’s Worth a Thousand Words
What are you looking for in a dance teacher? How about skill, experience, and heart.
Gretchen’s daughter Trina is an expert in the art of training young dancers. As Director of the Company Dancer program, she has led countless dancers to competitive (and personal) victories. Certified Teacher by Dance Masters of America.
Gretchen’s son Travis is the un-official Director of Fun and has a knack for working with both casual and committed dancers alike. In addition to having been born wearing tap shoes, he’s also a Certified Teacher by Dance Masters of America.
A world-class ballerina, Karen has taught, choreographed, and performed her art-form for over 20 years and brings that experience to share with her students.
The Dance Year
The Dance Year (like the school year) runs from August to May. It goes a little something like this:
Back to School Season– classes begin!
Most classes are full, though there are a few spots available.
Students begin work on the Recital.
As we pass the half-way point of our dance year, we stop taking registration for our current season and start taking registration for our Summer Camps.
The Recital is drawing near!
We begin Early Bird Registration for the upcoming Fall Season. We are also still taking registrations for Summer Camps.
Early Bird Registration (before the Recital) is only $45/student!
After the Recital, most Camps are already full, but it’s a great time to register for the coming season.
If you register after the recital, it’s $55/student.
Ready to Register?
You can do the whole thing online.
We're here to help.