May 15th at the Savannah Convention Center
This year’s Recitals will be at the Savannah Convention Center on Hutchison Island. Tickets will be available online starting April 27th at 9:00am. We will send out a reminder with more details as that date approaches. For safety reasons there will be a maximum of EIGHT tickets per family this year.
Starting Monday April 5th, Atrium Dancewear will be resuming hours of Mon-Thurs 2:30-6:30pm. If you need tights or other accessories, just drop by. If you’re interested in a shoe fitting, give us a call at 897-4010 to make your appointment.
Your Online Account
Available online now:
- Your Show Time & Rehearsal Time
- Costume Info with Photos
- Practice Music & Videos
For drop-off, take the FIRST entrance, which will take you to Tomochichi Square where you can drop off dancers or anyone with mobility issues. The entrance near Tomochichi Square is near the ballrooms we’ll be using– just take the elevator or stairs up from there. There will NOT be any adult supervisors posted at this drop-off, so it is NOT for young dancers who need supervision. Young dancers should enter with an adult.
For Parking, take the SECOND entrance. There will be signs that say EVENT PARKING.
For handicapped parking, continue past both the first and second entrances to arrive at Bryant Square where there is handicapped parking.
Please note there is new construction going on, so if you have been there before the parking situation has changed slightly.
- NO Regular Classes, only Rehearsals. The last day of regular classes is May 8th.
- Log on to your account for your personalized rehearsal schedule
- These are NOT Dress rehearsals. Please wear your regular dancewear and shoes.
- All rehearsals are at Savannah Convention Center
- Students under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult
It’s Show Time!
To keep each show short and sweet we divide them up into the following fun-sized pieces:
- Saturday @ 10am – some Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins) *
- Saturday @ 11:30am – more Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins) *
- Saturday @ 5:00pm – most 2nd-4th graders *
- Saturday @ 7:30pm – most 5th-12th graders *
* Log on to your account to see your family’s show time & rehearsal times.
Before the Show
What to Bring
All costume pieces and accessories (put your name on them) All dance shoes (put your name on them, too)
Hair & Make-Up
If there are class-specific hair instructions, it will be on the costume list included with your costumes. Otherwise, hair should be neatly styled away from the face. Stage make-up is appropriate for any gender and age– it helps to define facial features that are washed out by the extremely bright stage lights.
Arriving at the Theatre
Park in the parking lot next to the Convention Center, then follow the signs around to the entrance. Follow the signs upstairs (elevators available if needed) to locate the Chatham Ballroom.
30 minutes prior to Showtime, ONE parent should bring their dancer to the designated drop-off area. That parent will receive a bracelet at drop off. Go enjoy the show and we will take it from here!
To ensure every child’s safety, the following rules will be strictly enforced:
- All students, parents, guardians, guests (EVERYONE) must wear a mask to enter the building.
- Dancers cannot leave the backstage area or be checked out until AFTER the show has ended.
- The same parent must drop off and pick up. Only ONE person per dancer.
During the Show
We’re sure you’ll be so entertained you wouldn’t want to move a muscle, but we do want to mention that movement through the auditorium is distracting for the dancers as well as other audience members. If you find it absolutely necessary to leave the auditorium, please do so between numbers only. Use of recording devices is permitted as long as you do not obstruct the view of other audience members (like, for instance, holding a giant iPad over your head.)
After the Show
Congratulations! You did it! Now to get your child: the 1 parent with the bracelet should return to the drop-off area where they will be allowed to enter the backstage area. Please be patient as we make sure every child is safely picked-up. And don’t forget to stay in touch online, so we can make sure you know when your pictures and videos are ready!
The Kids (and probably the Parent’s) favorite part of the Recital may just be the costumes. The glittery, shiny, magical, costumes! Well, who can blame them?
First things first, we gotta get everybody measured. Since we’re measuring in October for a costume they’ll wear in May, we always allow for growing room.
- Starts in October
Let the Dancing Begin!
After we have gathered up and carefully edited every piece of music, our amazingly talented team of instructors get to work on creating this year’s recital dances.
Once we let you know your costumes are ready, a parent needs to sign them out (along with a Recital Info Packet) during your regular class time. Take special care of the costumes until the Recital, and then they’re yours to keep and enjoy!
- Costume Pick-Up starts in March
Lights! Camera! Action!
- April 12th-17th (pictures only, no classes)
- Bring all costumes, tights, and shoes
- Photos are by appointment only
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT