May 18-19 at Savannah Arts Academy
The Planning Starts…
In the heat of the summer (and having barely recovered from last year’s recital) we get right to work on our next year’s show… and every show begins with a great theme. Everything else we do with the recital revolves around it. Our Theme this year is: HARMONY! It’s all about how we’re Better Together, Overcoming Our Differences, and Teamwork!
The Kids (and probably the Parent’s) favorite part of the Recital may just be the costumes. The glittery, shiny, magical, costumes! Well, who can blame them?
First things first, we gotta get everybody measured. Since we’re measuring in October for a costume they’ll wear in May, we always allow for growing room.
- Starts in October
Let the Dancing Begin!
After we have gathered up and carefully edited every piece of music, our amazingly talented team of instructors get to work on creating this year’s recital dances.
Once we let you know your costumes are ready, a parent needs to sign them out (along with a Recital Info Packet) during your regular class time. Take special care of the costumes until the Recital, and then they’re yours to keep and enjoy!
- Costume Pick-Up Announcements start in March
Lights! Camera! Action!
To get an appointment for individual pictures, complete & turn in an EPS order form (available at the front desk)
- April 1st-6th
- Group pictures are taken during regular class time
- Individual photos are by appointment only
- Bring all costumes and shoes
Get your Recital Tickets today by visiting:
- Students do not need a ticket for the show they’re in
- SALES START APRIL 1st at 5:30pm
Online Power Tools
Log on to your account for
- Your Show Time & Rehearsal Time
- Costume Info with Photos (coming soon)
- Practice Music (Videos coming soon)
It’s Show Time!
To keep each show short and sweet we divide them up into the following fun-sized pieces:
- Saturday @ 4pm – most 2nd-4th graders *
- Saturday @ 6:30pm – most 5th-12th graders *
- Sunday @ 1:30pm – some Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins) *
- Sunday @ 4pm – more Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins) *
* Log on to your account to see your family’s show time & rehearsal times.
Before the Show
What to Bring
All costume pieces and accessories (put your name on them) All dance shoes (put your name on them, too)
Hair & Make-Up
If there are class-specific hair instructions, it will be on the costume list included with your costumes. Otherwise, hair should be neatly styled away from the face. Stage make-up is appropriate for any gender and age– it helps to define facial features that are washed out by the extremely bright stage lights.
Arriving at the Theatre
30 minutes prior to Showtime, one parent (the patient one) should bring their dancer to the designated drop-off area. That parent will receive a bracelet at drop off. Go enjoy the show and we will take it from here!
To ensure every child’s safety, the following rules will be strictly enforced:
- Side doors in the auditorium cannot be used to get backstage at any time.
- Dancers cannot leave the backstage area or be checked out until AFTER the show has ended.
- The same parent must drop off and pick up. Only ONE person per dancer.
During the Show
We’re sure you’ll be so entertained you wouldn’t want to move a muscle, but we do want to mention that movement through the auditorium is distracting for the dancers as well as other audience members. If you find it absolutely necessary to leave the auditorium, please do so between numbers only. Use of recording devices is permitted as long as you do not obstruct the view of other audience members (like, for instance, holding a giant iPad over your head.)
After the Show
Congratulations! You did it! Now to get your child: the 1 parent with the bracelet will remain in the auditorium and we will bring the students to you 1 group at a time. Please be patient as we make sure every child is safely picked-up. And don’t forget to stay in touch online, so we can make sure you know when your pictures and videos are ready!