May 18-19 at the Lucas Theatre
The Planning Starts…
In the heat of the summer (and having barely recovered from last year’s recital) we get right to work on our next year’s show… and every show begins with a great theme. Everything else we do with the recital revolves around it. And this year is a special one — it’s Gretchen Greene’s 50th Annual Dance Recital!
The Kids (and probably the Parent’s) favorite part of the Recital may just be the costumes. The glittery, shiny, magical, costumes! Well, who can blame them?
First things first, we gotta get everybody measured. Since we’re measuring in October for a costume they’ll wear in May, we always allow for growing room.
- Starts in October
Let the Dancing Begin!
After we have gathered up and carefully edited every piece of music, our amazingly talented team of instructors get to work on creating this year’s recital dances.
Costume Pick-Up – A parent needs to come in and sign-out your costumes (along with a Recital Info Packet) during your regular class time. Accounts must be in good standing before you can check-out costumes.
- Starts in March
Lights! Camera! Action!
To get an appointment for individual pictures, complete & turn in an EPS order form (available at the front desk)
- April 2nd-7th
- Group pictures are taken during regular class time
- Individual photos are by appointment only
- Bring all costumes and shoes
Tickets are sold through SavannahBoxOffice.
- $15 for Friday Night and Saturday Matinees
- $25+ for Saturday Night’s Celebration Show
- Tickets Also be available at the door
- Students do not need a ticket for the show they’re in
Limited Edition Recital Shirts
We’ve made an extra special design to commemorate our 50th year! Get your’s at Atrium Dancewear before they sell out.
Online Power Tools
Log on to your account for
- Your Show Time & Rehearsal Time
- Costume Info with Photos
- Practice Music & Videos
With Online Ordering for
- Spotlight Ads – feature your favorite dancer or business in our gorgeous full-color programs
- Professional Video & Photography of the performance
It’s Show Time!
To keep each show short and sweet we divide them up into the following fun-sized pieces:
- Friday 7pm – 2nd-12th Graders (< 90 mins)
- Sat, 11am – some Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins)
- Sat 1:30pm – more Preschool-1st Graders (< 60 mins)
- Sat, 6pm – CELEBRATION SHOW
Log on to your account to see your family’s show time & rehearsal times.
Before the Show
What to Bring
All costume pieces and accessories (put your name on them) All dance shoes (put your name on them, too)
Hair & Make-Up
If there are class-specific hair instructions, it will be on the costume list included with your costumes. Otherwise, hair should be neatly styled away from the face. Stage make-up is appropriate for any gender and age– it helps to define facial features that are washed out by the extremely bright stage lights.
Arriving at the Theatre
30 minutes prior to Showtime, one parent (the patient one) should bring their dancer to the stage door located in the alley behind the theatre. That parent will receive a bracelet at drop off. Go enjoy the show and we will take it from here!
To ensure every child’s safety, the following rules will be strictly enforced:
- Side doors in the auditorium cannot be used to get backstage at any time.
- Dancers cannot leave the backstage area or be checked out until AFTER the show has ended.
- The same parent must drop off and pick up. Only ONE person per dancer.
During the Show
We’re sure you’ll be so entertained you wouldn’t want to move a muscle, but we do want to mention that movement through the auditorium is distracting for the dancers as well as other audience members. If you find it absolutely necessary to leave the auditorium, please do so between numbers only. Use of recording devices is permitted as long as you do not obstruct the view of other audience members (like, for instance, holding a giant iPad over your head.)
After the Show
Congratulations! You did it! Now to get your child: the 1 parent with the bracelet will remain in the auditorium and we will bring the students to you 1 group at a time. Please be patient as we make sure every child is safely picked-up. And don’t forget to stay in touch online, so we can make sure you know when your pictures and videos are ready!