June 10th at the Lucas Theatre
RECITAL POWER TOOLS
Rehearsals at the Lucas are NOT dress rehearsals. Please bring all regular dancewear.
- 11am Show – Thurs. 4:30-6:00
- 1:30pm Show – Fri 4:30-6:00
- 4:00pm Show – Thurs 6-8pm
- 7:00pm Show – Fri 6-8pm
Order of Show
Tickets are sold through SavannahBoxOffice.
- $15 per seat
- Reserved seating
- Also be available at the door
- Students do not need a ticket for the show they’re in
Shop for these recital items online:
The Day of the Show(s)
To keep each show short and sweet we divide them up into the following fun-sized pieces:
- 11:00am – some Preschool-1st Graders (about an hour)
- 1:30pm – more Preschool-1st Graders (about an hour)
- 4:00pm – Grades 2-5 and Musical Theatre Class (about 90 mins)
- 7:00pm – Grades 6-12 (about 90 mins)
If you’re not sure which show you’re in, you can:
- Find it in the Recital Email (Feb)
- Find it on your Costume Instructions (April)
- Just ask — we’re happy to help
Before the Show
What to Bring
All costume pieces and accessories (put your name on them) All dance shoes (put your name on them, too)
Hair & Make-Up
If there are class-specific hair instructions, it will be on the costume list included with your costumes. Otherwise, hair should be neatly styled away from the face. Stage make-up is appropriate for any gender and age– it helps to define facial features that are washed out by the extremely bright stage lights.
Arriving at the Theatre
30 minutes prior to Showtime, one parent (the patient one) should bring their dancer to the stage door located in the alley behind the theatre. That parent will receive a bracelet at drop off. Go enjoy the show and we will take it from here!
To ensure every child’s safety, the following rules will be strictly enforced:
- Side doors in the auditorium cannot be used to get backstage at any time.
- Dancers cannot leave the backstage area or be checked out until AFTER the show has ended.
- The same parent must drop off and pick up. Only ONE person per dancer.
During the Show
We’re sure you’ll be so entertained you wouldn’t want to move a muscle, but we do want to mention that movement through the auditorium is distracting for the dancers as well as other audience members. If you find it absolutely necessary to leave the auditorium, please do so between numbers only. Use of recording devices is permitted as long as you do not obstruct the view of other audience members (like, for instance, holding a giant iPad over your head.)
After the Show
Congratulations! You did it! Now to get your child: the 1 parent with the bracelet will remain in the auditorium and we will bring the students to you 1 group at a time. Please be patient as we make sure every child is safely picked-up. And don’t forget to stay in touch online, so we can make sure you know when your pictures and DVDs are ready!